Pet Allergy Treatments for Dogs and Cats
Is Your Cat or Dog Itching Constantly? There Is Hope! There Is Help for Cats and Dogs That Are Itching, Scratching and Tearing Their Fur Out!
While humans often display respiratory symptoms such as sneezing and eye irritation from allergies, common symptoms of allergies in dogs and cats are excessive scratching, licking, chewing, rashes, hot spots, hair loss and even digestive upset. Generally, when a dog or cat is scratching excessively, the first thing we think is that the pet has fleas. You may think, “My dog is always scratching but doesn’t have fleas.” Before making any assumptions, it is always a good idea to rule this out first by consulting your veterinarian or checking the pet’s coat with a flea comb for fleas. It's important to see a veterinarian, as getting to the root cause is key to an effective treatment that can offer relief for your pet. Some of the most common reasons a dog or cat may be scratching are allergies, fleas, parasites, yeast, bacterial infection or mast cell tumors. Once you have a diagnosis from your veterinarian, use our holistic supplements for allergies in dogs and cats along with allergy treatments prescribed by your veterinarian.
Do you have a dog that is itching constantly? Is your cat losing patches of fur? Our cat and dog scratching remedies can help.
Natural Cat and Dog Scratching Remedies Provide Relief
For nonstop itching and skin problems, a combination of natural pet supplements and diet changes are usually required to resolve the issues and offer relief. Using a combination of our natural dog and cat allergy supplements can help provide relief from itchy and dry skin, dandruff, chewing on paws, hair loss, red spots, dog itchy ears, yeast infections, blackened skin and ear infections. Please scroll down to view product details.
Amazing Omegas - Amazing Omegas reduces inflammation, makes coats shiny and soft, fights allergies and helps the fur glisten. It’s very helpful for a cat or dog that has dry skin, itchy skin and dandruff.
AllerEaze - All-natural AllerEaze is a leading allergy product for pets. AllerEaze contains scientifically proven quercetin, which reduces your pet's histamine response and can take the edge off allergy symptoms. This natural allergy treatment for dogs and cats works best when combined with Power Probiotic. In addition to reacting to environmental allergies, many dogs also develop ear infections and yeast skin infections. AllerEaze is often used along with K9 Yeast Defense and Power Probiotic in the hot summer months when allergy symptoms are the worst. AllerEaze is essential for dogs with mast cell tumors, as it naturally helps reduce your dog's histamine response.
K9 Yeast Defense - Many dogs constantly itch due to an underlying yeast condition. If your dog has had ear infections or a smelly odor, especially on the paws, then use K9 Yeast Defense in conjunction with allergy products. This natural antifungal supplement stops doggie odor, chronic ear infections, licking at the groin and scratching at the ears. Allergies, food, antibiotics and steroid use can all contribute to yeast infections in dogs. Our K9 Yeast Defense is a safe way to get rid of yeast infection symptoms and support your pet's immune system. Since yeast and bacterial growth go hand in hand, it's best to use K9 Yeast Defense along with NotaSAN and Power Probiotic.
Power Probiotic - Controlling allergies starts with good digestion. The skin is an elimination organ, and so using Power Probiotic is your pet's first defense toward building a strong immune system. Power Probiotic is the best probiotic for pets! Backed by scientific research, this powerful multi-strain probiotic supplement promotes the growth of good, friendly bacteria which boosts your pet's immune system. Because it fights infection and yeast, Power Probiotic is essential if your pet has taken antibiotics. Pure and natural, Power Probiotic does not contain any fillers. It is especially helpful for pets with digestive problems, urinary tract infections, autoimmune disease, skin problems, yeast and allergies. Many pets love the taste of the Power Probiotic!
Olive Leaf Extract For Pets is helpful for cats and dogs with allergies, ear infections, skin infections and yeast overgrowth (tear-stained eyes, ear discharge, cheesy smell, licking groin, yeasty paws). Cats and dogs use their skin to help remove toxins from their bodies and a build-up of toxins can cause red, itchy and smelly skin. Olive Leaf Extract is a natural alternative to antibiotics prescribed for skin conditions that will not harm the healthy bacteria in your pet's gut. Olive Leaf Extract has antioxidant properties that enable it to help relieve the irritation and inflammation caused by skin infections.
Proaller provides cat and dog itching relief, helps pets sleep better at night and temporarily stops constant scratching and licking. Some clients report that it helps even when antihistamines don't. ProAller drops were developed as a treatment for allergies in dogs and cats, including hypersensitivity to house dust, foods, antibiotics, metals and animal hair; hay fever; and conjunctivitis and irritation of the eyes and ears. It works most effectively when combined with NotaSAN capsules or drops.
NotaSAN Anti-Infection Formula - This is a best seller! It’s a natural remedy for fighting infections and reducing doggie odor and redness. It controls harmful bacteria and restores gut flora balance, improving digestive symptoms and immune function. It works well in combination with ProAller and/or K9 Yeast Defense.
Symptoms of Allergies in Dogs and Cats
The following signs can be symptoms of allergies in dogs and cats. These signs can be reactions to food, environmental allergens, yeast or bacterial infections. Be sure to check with your veterinarian if your pet is displaying these symptoms:
- Itching and scratching
- Constant licking
- Smelly ears
- Red, inflamed skin
- Chronic ear infections
- Discharge from eyes or nose
- Hair loss
- Scabs or hot spots
“I want to let you know how great Dakota, our Golden Retriever that we rescued, is doing. When we got him, he had bad ear infections that he had for months, and his skin was so black in the armpit and groin areas that we thought it was ground in dirt. He also had acid reflux and would bring up bile several times a day. It has taken several months, but the blackened skin (from yeast) is almost back to normal thanks to K9 Yeast Defense. I wish we had taken “before” pictures of his skin because the difference is remarkable. And, for his acid reflux, we started using your supplements (Power Probiotic, K9 Digestive Enzymes, Gastro ULC and Soothing Digestive Relief). We used to give him Pepcid, but we have been able to slowly wean him off. I can’t forget to mention using your food recommendations. His ears didn’t start to clear up until we got him eating food that he could tolerate. Thank you so much for your supplements and all your help. Dakota is a much happier dog thanks to you!" - Pam & Tim, Pennsylvania
Common Allergy, Yeast and Skin Problems in Dogs and Cats
- Itchy or Smelly Ears are generally a sign of an infection and can be caused by allergies, yeast, ear mites, bacteria and even hair growth. Ear infections can become a chronic problem, and they create symptoms that are painful, smelly and itchy for your dog or cat. Humans respond to allergens with watery eyes and a runny nose. When dogs and cats have allergies, they tend to develop inflammation and heat in the ears, head, neck and feet. This inflammation increases the chance of yeast overgrowth and infection. Ear infections are much more common in dogs than cats and can be helped with diet changes along with K9 Yeast Defense + Power Probiotic and Olive Leaf Extract For Pets.
- Itching & Scratching Constantly is usually a result of food or environmental allergies. When your pet is constantly licking, chewing and biting on the same area, the skin can become red and irritated and sometimes you may even see red bumps on dogs’ skin. It could be a flea bite, dry skin, allergies or parasites. For fast relief for your pet's environmental allergies and your cat or dog’s itchy skin, try AllerEaze for Pets - a natural antihistamine made with quercetin and nettles to reduce inflammation and the histamine response. It provides relief from severe itching, redness in paws and other symptoms related to seasonal allergies. Combined with topical medications from your veterinarian, it is also an effective hot spot treatment for dogs. It works best when combined with Power Probiotic.
"Thank you so much for the allergy and skin solutions! The Proaller, plus the NotaSAN alternating with the QuentaSAN not only gave my 15 year old Maltese, Beebop, relief from his respiratory and skin allergy symptoms---these amazing products helped his skin to heal completely and his beautiful hair to return so thickly, he looks like a young pup again. His ear inflammation and "gunk" cleared up and he's happy and frolicking like his "old self". He's living up to that Beebop name and wrestling with our other two Maltese, Bambi and Thumper. For the first time in years, his little tail is back up and curled as he romps around our yard. We are eternally grateful to you and continue to recommend you and your products to all of our pet-owner friends and family." - Debbie, Florida
- Licking & Chewing The Groin is frequently a sign of yeast and allergies. If your pet is licking its genitals frequently, it is important to be sure that your pet doesn't have a urinary tract infection first, as this is also a symptom of a UTI. If a UTI has been ruled out, then constant licking and chewing on the groin is usually due to yeast and allergies. Pets can get yeast overgrowth due to too many carbohydrates in the diet, treatments with steroids or antibiotics or food allergies. The best natural treatment to stop your dog from licking its privates is a combination of K9 Yeast Defense + Power Probiotic with NotaSAN Anti-Infection Formula.
- Butt Scooting Ever notice your dog rubbing its butt along the carpet? That's a sign that it is trying to scratch an itch or alleviate pain. Allergies and inflammation can lead to anal sacculitis (inflammation of the anal sacs). The anal sacs are intended to be emptied each time a dog has a bowel movement, enabling your dog to mark its territory. Impacted anal glands can be smelly and result from genetic malformation or bowel irregularities, such as constipation. Food allergies and yeast are often contributing factors. Many dogs that scoot their butts have digestive problems and are eating foods with ingredients that cause intestinal inflammation and yeast overgrowth. Most owners find that by making changes to the diet and by adding a few supplements, they can help to relieve the itching. Our natural remedies for dog allergies include Amazing Omegas, which can help reduce inflammation and make bowel movements easier. Power Probiotic helps to repopulate good flora in your dog's intestines, boosting immune function and reducing odors overall. K9 Yeast Defense improves your dog's microbiome and bowel health, reducing the non-stop need to itch and scoot.
- Hair Loss is typically thought to be caused by fleas and mites. Many pets that don’t have fleas or mites will scratch their fur out because of food and environmental allergies. They will scratch in one area until the fur is missing. This can cause red, inflamed skin and lead to secondary infections. Switching your pet to a hypoallergenic diet along with using a few supplements can be life-changing for your pet and provide gentle yet effective allergy relief for dogs. ProAller, NotaSAN Anti-Infection Formula and AllerEaze can help calm the inflammation from the allergic reactions. Click here for more information about why your dog may be losing hair.
- Dandruff is more than a cosmetic issue in pets. It is a sign of dry, itchy skin and can be exacerbated by allergies and a low water intake. Pets that have dandruff and dry skin often lack omega-3 fatty acids. These cannot be produced by the body; they must come from diet. Amazing Omegas contains fish oil, naturally processed from anchovies, sardines and mackerel, so it is highly bioavailable for best absorption. Power Probiotic supports digestion, enhances overall immunity, reduces allergy symptoms and improves the skin and coat. Using Amazing Omegas and Power Probiotic together can help relieve dog itchy skin and dandruff naturally.
- Mast Cell Tumors can occur in both cats and dogs. Mast cell tumors are the most common form of skin cancer in dogs. They contain chemicals such as histamine and heparin, which are released during an inflammatory or allergic reaction. A sudden histamine release can cause swelling, vascular changes and inflammation. AllerEaze is the first line of defense for pets with mast cell tumors, as it has been scientifically proven to naturally reduce a pet's histamine release. Quercetin is often considered nature's Benadryl, as it helps the body cope with the dangerous effects of excess histamine released by cancerous mast cells. AllerEaze in combination with Power Probiotic has been especially helpful for pets with mast cell tumors.
- Tear Stains can cause red/brown discoloration below the eyes on your dog or cat's face. We all want our pets to look their best and tear stains can be discouraging. Breeds such as Maltese, Poodles and Chihuahuas are more likely to have their beautiful faces discolored with these unsightly dark stains below the eyes. Tear stains are more noticeable on white or light-colored dogs. Cats can also get tear stains with crusting and odor.
The reddish color comes from iron-containing molecules called porphyrins that your body produces when it breaks down iron. These porphyrins are excreted through the gastrointestinal tract, urine, saliva and tears. Tear stains are not just cosmetic though. Tear stains can be caused by blocked tear ducts, infection, allergies or yeast. Please check with your veterinarian to be sure your pet does not have an eye infection or blocked tear ducts. Many times pets have excessive tear staining due to allergies (food and environmental), viruses or a yeast overgrowth. Usually, tear stains are not the only sign. Pets with tear stains may have other conditions such as upper respiratory infections or digestive issues like bad breath or allergies. Brown tear stains that have an odor are often a sign of yeast. To help fight yeast, it's important to feed a low carbohydrate, hypoallergenic diet and use K9 Yeast Defense to kill off yeast and help rebalance the intestinal tract with natural anti-fungal ingredients such as caprylic acid, Pau d'arco and oregano. Power Probiotic helps to help replenish healthy, friendly bacteria. Olive Leaf Extract For Pets is highly effective in treating many kinds of bacteria and fungus in cats and dogs. These supplements can help to eliminate unsightly tear stains.
What Can You Feed Pets With Allergies?
Ask Ariel has an extensive article library to help you resolve your pet's allergy symptoms, which may include scratching, itching, chewing, hot spots, hair loss, red spots, yeast and more. Allergies in dogs or cats can be caused by inhaled allergens (e.g., pollen), food and/or external allergens (e.g., chemical exposure). One of the fastest ways to improve your pet’s health is to change its diet. Many dogs are allergic to certain meat proteins (like chicken, beef or fish) and common allergens such as corn, milk products, soy, peanut butter and gluten (found in wheat, barley, spelt and other grains). Poor digestion can be the root cause of many symptoms related to food allergies in dogs, so we strongly recommend that any pet with allergy symptoms use Power Probiotic as well as a digestive enzyme such as K9 Digestive Enzymes or Lypozyme.
FREE DIET TIPS WITH YOUR ORDER. Ask Ariel's Pet Nutritionist offered holistic consultations in conjunction with veterinarians at VCA hospitals for over 10 years. Her diets and supplement protocols for dogs and cats with allergies, yeast and skin problems have been recommended by veterinarians nationwide. When ordering supplements, please be sure to include the food and treats you are feeding your pet along with any health issues directly on the order form at checkout. We will include free diet tips for pets with allergies and skin problems on the packing slip that comes with your order.
"Thanks so much for your wonderful allergy products. Bella is doing so well with the AllerEaze, Power Probiotic and Gastro ULC" - Lustig Family, New Jersey
We understand how hard it is when your pet is suffering from allergies, and we will do all we can to help. It can be confusing when trying to understand which cat and dog supplements would be appropriate for your pet. For more help finding the best natural remedies for dog allergies or cat allergies, please email us at
Support@AskAriel.com. Please note that we cannot provide consultative advice due to veterinary regulations, but we will be happy to provide articles and information so that you can make an informed decision about what's best for your pet.
Why Use Ask Ariel Supplements To Help Your Pet With Allergies?
Many pet owners have seen the benefits of using supplements on their own health and now want the same for their pets. Our premium natural pet supplements have been used successfully in veterinary hospitals since 2005. Ask Ariel's natural remedies for dogs and cats are selected based on quality, scientific research and proven results. A holistic approach with supplements and diet changes (FREE diet tips on the packing slip with your order) can finally give your pet much-needed relief and stop the cycle of antibiotics and steroids. Many veterinarians have seen the proven results of our products with their patients, which is why Ask Ariel pet supplements are veterinarian recommended nationwide.
How do I know if my dog has allergies?
Common symptoms of allergies in dogs are constant scratching, itching, licking especially of the paws, chewing, red bumps and rashes, hot spots, hair loss and ear infections. Dogs with food allergies may experience digestive problems such as vomiting and diarrhea.
Why is my dog itching and scratching?
Excessive itching is called pruritus and it can be caused by environmental or food allergies, fleas, ticks, parasites, bacterial or yeast infections, dry skin or mast cell tumors. It’s very important to bring your dog to the veterinarian to get a diagnosis, especially since there are so many different causes of scratching and itching.
Why is my dog always scratching but doesn't have fleas?
Fleas aren’t the only reason that dogs scratch themselves. Many dogs itch and scratch due to allergies or dry skin. Diet is also an important cause of itching and skin problems in dogs. Feeding a hypoallergenic, novel protein diet is helpful. Omega-3 fatty acids in the form of fish oil relieves inflammation, helps allergy symptoms and can give dogs a lustrous, shiny coat.
What can I give my dog for allergies over the counter?
The best natural remedy for dog allergies is quercetin. It has been referred to as a natural “Benadryl”. Quercetin is a bioflavonoid with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that suppresses the histamine response that causes the itch and inflammation. AllerEaze is an herbal blend of quercetin and nettle leaf to provide powerful antihistamine relief to dogs and cats with allergy symptoms such as excessive scratching and itching, constant licking, red skin, hair loss and hot spots.
What can I give my cat for allergies?
Quercetin is helpful for cat allergies. Quercetin naturally reduces the histamine response. A probiotic is also very important for cat allergies as food allergies are a common culprit for cat allergy symptoms.
How can you help cat or dog itchy skin?
The fastest way to help your cat or dog with itchy skin is from the inside out. Many pets with dry or itchy skin have allergies and the food they are eating can be the biggest culprit. Dogs and cats can be allergic to many common meat proteins and ingredients such as corn, soy and gluten. Essential fatty acids (EFAs) have been scientifically shown to be helpful for allergies. Many commercial pet foods do not contain a sufficient amount of omega-3s. Adding a few supplements to your pet’s regimen to reduce allergy symptoms can also give them much needed relief from constant scratching and itching.
What is a natural hot spot treatment for dogs and cats?
Most topical hot spot treatments will only work temporarily to ease the itching and redness. The best natural hot spot treatment is to determine the source of the itch. Pets that suffer from seasonal or environmental allergies do not get runny noses or watery eyes like people, their immune systems respond with itchy skin, redness and hives. Your cat or dog may constantly bite and lick, creating hot spots. The best way to prevent hot spots and allergies is to avoid the triggers. Many pet foods, even premium brands, contain ingredients that your dog or cat may be sensitive to. It is important to read the labels to see what is really in the food and to add natural supplements, like Power Probiotic to boost the immune system, AllerEaze to suppress the histamine response and Amazing Omegas to reduce inflammation.