K9 Digestive Enzymes | Best Digestive Enzyme Supplement For Dogs180 capsules (3-6 month supply depending on the size of your dog)
What is K9 Digestive Enzymes?
K9 Digestive Enzymes is a trusted digestive enzyme supplement that was created to help maintain normal digestive function in dogs. It contains pancreatin, HCL and ox bile for increased absorption of protein and fats. Easy to administer and economical.
- Helps To Maintain Normal Digestive Function
K9 Digestive Enzymes were formulated to maintain optimal digestive conditions in the stomach. An adequate level of stomach acid, technically known as hydrochloric acid (HCL), is essential for proper functioning of the digestive system. It activates digestive enzymes that break down food into small proteins for absorption. Low stomach acid can contribute to stomach aches, poor digestion, burping and bad breath. Normal levels of stomach acid help to keep the digestive system free of bacteria, yeast and parasites. With low acidity and the presence of undigested food, bacteria are more likely to colonize the stomach or small intestine and interfere with the digestion and absorption of protein, fat and carbohydrates. This can affect your pet's teeth and breath as well. K9
Digestive Enzymes with HCL for dogs and added Pancreatin make it easier for your pet to digest and absorb nutrients from food, especially protein. This helps to relieve symptoms associated with poor digestion. One key ingredient in the formula is Betaine HCL which aids in the breakdown and digestion of protein. This is especially important for older dogs as the production of HCL declines with age.
- Veterinarian Recommended Digestive Enzyme Supplement For Dogs
K9 Digestive Enzyme Supplement contains the best digestive enzymes for dogs along with Pancreatin, Ox Bile Extract and HCL, nutrients derived from animals that aid in the breakdown and absorption of fats and protein. Gas, burping, bloating and indigestion are often due to the poor breakdown of protein and fats in the GI Tract. K9 Digestive Enzymes help to alleviate inflammation in the GI tract that arises from eating fatty, high protein foods as well as allergic foods. For kidney and liver disease, the pancreatic enzymes and HCL assist in the breakdown of protein particles, placing less of a load on the kidneys and liver. K9 Digestive Enzymes is a trusted dog pancreatic enzyme supplement that is much more effective than generic pet enzyme products you might purchase at a pet store.
- Promotes Healthy Saliva to Reduce Tartar Buildup
A common myth that simply giving pets hard, crunchy food to prevent dental problems has not proved true in veterinary research. It is the quality of ingredients and your pet’s ability to digest them that will reduce tartar and tooth decay. Saliva is a core part of tartar accumulation and acidic saliva (due to digestive upset and acid stomach) can result in acid erosion of the teeth. K9 Digestive Enzymes contains HCL and Pancreatin along with other enzymes to help improve digestion and promote healthy saliva, reducing tartar buildup.
K9 Digestive Enzymes Can Benefit:
- Dogs With Liver and/or Kidney Disease This all natural, veterinary-approved supplement provides support for dogs enabling them to more efficiently breakdown, digest and metabolize protein. The pancreatic enzymes and HCL assist in the breakdown of protein particles, placing less of a load on the kidneys and liver. Our K9 enzymes are designed to improve your pet's digestion (especially digesting fats), enhance liver values, and reduce indigestion.
- Dogs With Malabsorption, Weight Loss Due To Digestive Problems. When a pet is unable to produce sufficient pancreatic enzymes, the digestions of fats, carbohydrates and proteins and the resulting malabsorption of nutrients often causes weight loss and digestive discomfort. Gas, burping, bloating and indigestion are often due to the poor breakdown of protein and fats in the GI Tract. For best results, use with Power Probiotic and Soothing Digestive Relief.
- Dogs With Protein Losing Enteropathy (PLE). Protein Losing Enteropathy (PLE) is not a specific disease, but a group of diseases that cause the loss of proteins from the bloodstream into the gastrointestinal tract. Digestive diseases, malabsorption, heart disease and lymphatic disease can all cause PLE. Common signs of PLE are diarrhea, vomiting, difficulty maintaining weight and fluid in the abdomen. Certain breeds are predisposed to protein losing enteropathy: Yorkshire terrier, Soft-coated Wheaten terriers, Basenjis and Norwegian Lundehunds. The powerful enzymes, pancreatin and HCL in K9 Digestive Enzymes are needed to help break down and absorb protein and fats.
- Senior Dogs As your dog ages, the natural production of HCL decreases and this can lead to digestive problems such as diarrhea, gas, burping, and upset tummy. K9 Digestive Enzymes can help by enhancing the absorption of nutrients and aiding in the breakdown of protein and fats.
- Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) In Dogs EPI in dogs occurs more commonly in certain breeds such as German Shepherds, Chows and Cavalier King Charles Spaniels but it can be diagnosed in any breed of dog. Symptoms of Canine Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency include weight loss, diarrhea, gas and indigestion. Dogs with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency often have a normal appetite but then become sick and listless after eating.These dogs may also develop pancreatitis and IBS so pet owners need to be especially careful to feed their dog the best diet for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency. Commonly prescribed veterinary dietary ingredients that help other dogs with digestive problems (e.g. pumpkin or chicken and rice) can make EPI symptoms worse because for example, fiber can interfere with absorption. The most important treatment for pancreatic insufficiency in dogs is to give the dog a comprehensive animal-based
digestive enzyme supplement for EPI in dogs that replaces the enzymes the dog is lacking (enzymes that would normally be created by the dog's pancreas). The pancreatic enzymes contained in K9 Digestive Enzymes along with a hypoallergenic diet can dramatically improve your dog's absorption of nutrients, improving coat quality, symptoms of EPI and overall health.
2 year old Husky Bleu was turned him in to a high kill shelter in Lancaster because he had diarrhea and a sensitive stomach. In the top photo, you can see how thin he was along with his dry coat. Bleu was adopted by a loving family and given a new leash on life. But he would have bouts of diarrhea followed by inappetance, hunching over in pain and acting very quiet. Bleu was suffering from Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency, a condition where the dog is unable to produce enough pancreatic enzymes needed to digest and properly absorb nutrients such as fats and protein. Bleu was given K9 Digestive Enzymes which immediately firmed up his stool and helped him gain weight. Power Probiotic, Soothing Digestive Relief and Gastro ULC dramatically reduced the symptoms of stomach gurgling, hunching over, belching and diarrhea.
K9 Digestive Enzymes Ingredients:
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Contains: Betaine HCL 200 mg, GastroEnz Proprietary Blend 180mg: OxBile Extract, Protease (DPPIV), Amylase, Pepsin, Protease, SP, Glucoamylas, Lactase, Acid Protease, Invertase, Lipase
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate, rice bran
Does not contain gluten.
What are digestive enzymes for dogs?
Digestive enzymes improve digestion by helping to break down food and increase absorption of nutrients. By improving the digestive process, dogs experience less discomfort such as hunching over after eating. Many dogs with digestive problems such as Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) and Protein Losing Enteropathy (PLE) have malabsorption and by adding digestive enzymes to their regimen, these pets have improved absorption of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Moreover, digestive enzymes can assist the pancreas by improving digestion of fats and protein, reducing symptoms of pancreatitis.
What are the best digestive enzymes for dogs?
K9 Digestive Enzymes are the best digestive enzymes for dogs. K9 Digestive Enzymes combine a powerful animal-based ox bile extract, pancreatin and hydrochloric acid (HCL). HCL is important for protein digestion and as dogs age, HCL production slows. Common signs of hypochlorhydria include bloating, burping, diarrhea, heartburn and gas. K9 Digestive Enzymes is especially helpful for dogs with heartburn and acid reflux.
What causes causes gastrointestinal problems in dogs?
Signs of gastrointestinal symptoms in dogs include diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, loose or bloody stool, bad breath and gas. These symptoms can be caused by ingesting toxins or spoiled food, poor digestion, diet, parasites or worms, liver disease, autoimmune disease, enzyme deficiencies or food intolerances. Certain autoimmune or inflammatory conditions of the intestinal tract can lead to malabsorption.
Why does my dog eat poop?
Coprophagia in dogs is often considered behavioral, but much of the time there is an underlying nutritional deficiency or health issue that hasn’t been diagnosed. Intestinal parasites or worms are a common culprit, as is poor digestion. The pet owner may be feeding their pet a premium diet, but it is not the right diet to meet the pet’s needs. For example, some dogs may not digest dry kibble very well as evidenced by passing large stools. The owner may believe the pet food is high quality, but if the dog isn’t absorbing the nutrients then most of the ingredients are just passing through them. K9 Digestive Enzymes combined with a higher protein, highly digestible diet can resolve coprophagia in most dogs.